Work at CPL
Thank you for your interest in working for the Chestermere Public Library.
In partnership with the Chestermere Historical Foundation, Chestermere Public Library is looking for a Part-Time Temporary Local History Assistant with a high level of energy and enthusiasm to join their team.
Job Post closes: March 08, 2024
Position: Temporary 8-week Part-Time Position during Spring 2024: 15 Hours per week @19.25 per hour; schedule flexibility available
Reports to: Director of Library Services
- Current post secondary student pursuing a degree or diploma in Archives and Records Management, Library and Information Science, Museum Studies, Public History, History, or equivalent;
- Excellent written communication skills to prepare reports and essays;
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently;
- Interest and familiarity with Canadian history;
- Strong technology skills; MS suite, social media, and database management.
- Collecting, digitizing, indexing, and entering data of local history information (including
- photographs) under the direction of the Chestermere Historical Foundation;
- Facilitate Library programming related to Local History, utilizing historical content and materials.
Please email a resume and cover letter to:
Miranda Johnson, Director of Library Services, Chestermere Public Library
105B Marina Rd, Chestermere, AB T1X 1V7
The Chestermere Public Library is an inclusive work environment driven by a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policy and Action Plan. Additionally, please let us know if you require any accommodations during the application process. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your time and effort in submitting a resume and cover letter. Please check our website for ongoing position opportunities with Chestermere Public Library.