Get Involved With Your Library!
Have you considered becoming a Board member of Chestermere Public Library?
The Library Board comprised of a maximum of ten members includes:
• Up to two City Councillors
What would be expected of me on the board?
• Be a regular user of the library and advocate membership to others.
• Attend board meetings and actively participate in decision making that will affect the long-term success of the library.
• There are 10 board meetings a year (no meetings in the summer) held on the 3rd Monday of the month at 7:00 pm, with the exception February 2021, the meeting is on the second Monday of the month.
• Support events that are organized on behalf of the Library.
• Sit on one or more sub-committees (membership of these is not exclusive to board members and may include Library staff, Foundation members and others with Chestermere Public Library membership).
Like all Committees appointed by the City Council, a "Letter of Interest" should be submitted to City Council from anyone interested in being considered for the Board. You should state your areas of expertise beyond that of a passion for literature and a commitment to helping to provide the best quality library service in our city. Before submitting a letter of interest we suggest that anyone considering joining the Library Board attend several regular meetings first and meet with the chairperson to learn more.
The Letter of Interest can be accessed here or contact Janelle Sandboe for more information.
Library Board meetings are open to the public. Please email email@example.com to attend