Get Involved With Your Library!
Have you considered becoming a Board member of Chestermere Public Library?
The Library Board comprised of a maximum of ten members includes:
• One City Councillor
What would be expected of me on the board?
• Be a regular user of the library and advocate membership to others.
• Attend board meetings and actively participate in decision making that will affect the long-term success of the library.
• There are 10 board meetings a year (no meetings in the summer) held on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:00pm in the Library.
• Support events that are organized on behalf of the Library.
• Sit on one or more sub-committees (membership of these is not exclusive to board members and may include Library staff, Foundation members and others with Chestermere Public Library membership).
• Finance sub-committee
• Events sub-committee
• Governance sub-committee
• Advocacy sub-committee
• Loop Around the Lake sub-committee
• Fall Parade sub-committee
• Growth Committee
Elections for executive members are held at the next Annual General Meeting on Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 6:00pm. We are looking for new members to join the board and would like to hear from anyone interested in joining our group.
Like all Committees appointed by the City Council, a "Letter of Interest" should be submitted to City Council from anyone interested in being considered for the Board. You should state your areas of expertise beyond that of a passion for literature and a commitment to helping to provide the best quality library service in our city. Before submitting a letter of interest we suggest that anyone considering joining the Library Board attend several regular meetings first and meet with the chairperson to learn more.